U.N. CALL TO GOVERNMENTS: COLLECT MORE TAXES - "THE PLANET IS ON FIRE"
September 20, 2022
A new tax on companies making profits on "fossil fuels" must be introduced to save the world. That is what António Guterres, Secretary General of the globalist organization UN, claims.
It is U.N. Secretary-General António Guterres who is now demanding that so-called rich countries introduce an extra tax on the profits of "fossil fuel companies". So for oil, gas and coal companies.
- We must stop our suicidal war against nature, Guterres said in a climate alarmist speech before the UN General Assembly in New York on Tuesday. The climate crisis is a definite issue for our time. This must be the first priority for all governments and multilateral organizations.
"Greenhouse gases" must be reduced by 40 percent until the year 2030, he further stated.
- Polluters must pay! I call on all developed economies to tax the excess profits of fossil fuel companies.
These profits must then, according to the UN chief, be transferred to poorer countries that "suffer losses and damage from climate change" as well as to people affected by increased food and energy prices.
- I call on all leaders to realize the goals of the Paris Agreement. Raise your climate ambitions, listen to your people's cry for change! Invest in solutions that lead to sustainable economic development.
The fossil fuel industry "feasts on hundreds of billions of dollars in subsidies and windfall profits while household budgets shrink and our planet burns," he also claims.
- Our world is dependent on fossil fuels and it is time for an intervention. We must hold fossil fuel companies accountable.
In another recent speech , the UN chief said that the world "needs a reformed financial architecture that favors developing countries".
- This is the only sustainable way to tackle the obscene inequalities that exist in all countries, while ensuring that the world does not slide into recession, he said at the time.
- We have to save our planet, which is literally on fire.